Thursday, 23 March 2017
- Take off their shoes – Don’t allow shoes past the front door. Shoes track in a lot of germs, dirt and mud, which can all get trapped in the carpet. TIP: Try using two doormats. Place one mat outside and the other inside to create double the opportunities to prevent dirt. You can even add a cute sign by the doorway to help remind guests.
- Make the bed – Your bed is the focal point of a bedroom. A made bed makes your bedroom instantly look and feel cleaner, even if there are messes in other places. TIP: To make your bed faster, lift up the corners of the bed to tuck in your sheets and blankets.
- Wipe down kitchen counters – Before you go to bed, clear off the clutter on your countertops and wipe them down. A wet rag or paper towel will help clean most debris and immediately freshen up your home. TIP: Reduce clutter by using a cute basket to store keys, mail, and important papers you will need later.
- Clean as you cook – Who wants to clean up after eating a big meal? Once you’re done cooking, clean everything before sitting down for your meal. All you’ll have left is a bowl and plates. TIP: Clean out the dishwasher before you start cooking. When you finish using a pot or pan, clean it or put it in the dishwasher.
- Wipe down the shower – Prevent hard water buildup and mold by using a squeegee or microfiber cloth to wipe down your shower after every use. TIP: Keep your tools close. A microfiber towel can be kept on a towel rack or a squeegee in the shower.
- Swiffer before bed – Avoid dust bunny build up by sweeping with a Swiffer before heading to bed. A Swiffer will pick up all of the extra dust that falls on your floors and prevent dust from spreading around your house. TIP: Keep your baseboards clean by wiping them with a dryer sheet. The sheet prevents static buildup so dust falls on the floor and eventually your Swiffer picks it up instead of staying on the baseboard.
- Put their clothes away – It’s easy to come home from work and drop clothes on the floor, bed, or chair. Instead, take a minute to put dirty clothes in the hamper or hang them back up. Do a quick check before bed and put all leftover clothes in the hamper. You’ll be amazed at how much cleaner your home will look just by keeping clothes picked up.
- Wipe mirrors and sink – After you finish brushing your teeth, quickly wipe off any toothpaste that lands on the faucet or mirror. TIP: Keep a microfiber hand towel by the sink. It will prevent streaking your mirror.